Join the Fun – Become a Volunteer
Please consider offering your time and talents in any one of these areas. It is a great way to contribute to our mission of education and preservation and it is also a lot of fun!
- As with any Non-profit organization, the Museum’s success hinges upon strong and active leadership. We are always on the lookout for new leaders to bring fresh ideas and energy to our organization.
Building and Grounds
- Part of the charm of our location is the beautiful gardens surrounding the Museum. These are maintained by our volunteers. Anyone with a passion for gardening is welcome to join in.
- Our collections committee is a very vital and active part of the Museum, overseeing the acquisition, repairs, maintenance, cataloging and displaying of our collection. Becoming a part of this committee would allow a volunteer to learn so much while helping the Museum greatly.
- Throughout the season the Museum strives to bring a variety of quality events that highlight our collection, offer great music from local, state and national talents and provide great community entertainment. These events require many hands in areas from planning, to decoration, to set-up, to ushering and serving at the events. Please join in the fun!
- Without money, no organization can survive. Our Fundraising Committee is active in creating our event schedule, seeking out grants, and coming up with creative ways to bring the funds necessary to make the Music House Museum a success.
Gift Shop/Office Support
- The Museum has two part time staff members, our Marketing and Development Director and our Gift Shop Manager, that are tasked with keeping the Museum running smoothly and successfully. This is a very large task for the staff and they are always looking for support. There are many ways to volunteer such as mailings, data input, inventory support and minding the store.
Miniature City Artisans
- As steward of the miniature model of Traverse City, our volunteers have been working for many years to recreate this treasure as many of the original buildings were damaged beyond repair. Front St. is on display at the Museum and our craftsmen are painstakingly continuing to recreate the rest of the City. Volunteers are always welcome for this fascinating and important project.
- Do you have a passion for tinkering or restoring? Our work shop is filled with treasures that are in need of restoration.
Please email: email@example.com for more information on how to volunteer.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Volunteer Areas’ type=’select’ options=’Board Membership,Buildings and Grounds,Collections Committee,Event Support,Fundraising Committee,Gift Shop/ Office Support,Miniature City Artisans,Restoration’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]